Japanese National Honor Society-College Chapter (JNHS-CC)
The Japanese National Honor Society-College Chapter (JNHS-CC) recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement and excellence in the study of the Japanese Language. Students who are nominated for membership receive Certificates of Excellence and red-and -white cords to wear at graduation and are recognized on the ATJ website and in its newsletter. Sponsoring instructors also receive recognition.
Academic criteria for student membership in JNHS-CC are as follows:
- Completion of five semester or seven quarter courses of Japanese language study (or their equivalent) at the college undergraduate level. All five semester courses or seven quarter courses must be language study taken for a grade (as opposed to audit or pass-fail). Transfer credits from post-secondary institutions other than the institution from which the student will receive the undergraduate degree may count toward these credit requirements up to a maximum of two semester courses or three quarter courses (or their equivalent);
- a GPA of 3.5 in Japanese language courses;
- an overall GPA of 3.0
- Please see their website for more information: https://www.aatj.org/jnhs-cc
Interested in membership? Please read the instructions and fill out an application form.
- Application Fee: $20 (Write a check payable to Kyoko Sato. Cash is not accepted.)
- Application Deadline: Monday of Week 3
Submit a signed application form and a check to HSS 1001 during the walk-in hours (9:00-12:00 and 1:00-3:00).
Note: Students should be nominated for membership when they are in the last semester/quarter before graduating. If you are graduating in the fall quarter, you have to apply during the fall quarter even if you are attending the commencement in June. Deadline to apply for nomination is Monday of Week 3 of the quarter.